Tuesday, May 31, 2011

We're out of Eggs

I was so hungry this morning and I haven't gone grocery shopping in a while so I made breakfast out of left overs. Best breakfast ever :]

Things I used:
  • Left over white rice from some Asian place my mom went to.  
  • 1 hot dog
  • onion
  • Frozen bag of California style vegetables.
First: I heated up a small saucepan with a little olive oil inside, chopped up a few onions (just enough for me to eat) and I threw in some rice with about a tablespoon of water (the rice absorbs the water so that when the rice is heated up its not hard, it tastes like the first time you cooked it).
Second: I tossed in some frozen vegetables- yes, frozen- and diced one hot dog.

I let all this sit in the pan, stirring occasionally on medium heat, while heating a bagel in the toaster.

This meal took me about ten minutes, maybe even less.  I paired it with an onion bagel and strawberry Yoplait yogurt. I admit my eyes got bigger than my stomach but it was delicious non the less.


-Alyssaxo

No comments:

Post a Comment